Cooking is another art form that I take on to clear my mind. When I get in the kitchen there is a passion behind putting combinations of food together to bring out the best flavor out of each of them. It is not as simple as it looks and sometimes there are about a million steps that go into making just one dish, but when you complete that dish you get a sense of accomplishment. It feels great to have family and friends compliment you on your amazing dish and you always want to continue to learn more.
Today I have a small recipe that I got online and decided to take a shot in the dark to see what the end results were. It is very simple but you have to make sure to complete all steps as is to make sure the chicken is well cooked and coated. So here are the ingredients:
- 5 Ounces of spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 8 Ounces of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup of all purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs (any flavor works)
- 1/4 cup of canola oil (for frying)
- Heat(medium heat) the 1 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet and add the spinach. Add a pinch of both salt and pepper, while stirring occasionally. The spinach will shrivel up after about 2-3 minutes of stirring. Remove from heat.
- In a medium sized bowl add the spinach with the cream cheese, mozzarella, garlic powder, and stir until paste is created. It very tough to mix all ingredients so place the mixture in the microwave for about 15 seconds until it softens up.
- Slice each chicken breast in half crosswise. After slicing in half, create a slit in the middle of the chicken breast half. Just large enough to insert the spinach dip inside. Insert dip and pinch to close.
- Place flour, bread crumbs, and beaten eggs in 3 separate bowls. You will coat the stuffed chicken breast with flour, following the egg coating, and then the breadcrumbs. Make sure to shake off all excess and coat all sides evenly. Repeat for all stuffed chicken breast.
- Heat(medium heat) the canola oil in a skillet and place the coated chicken in the pan. Fry each chicken breast until breadcrumbs are golden brown on each side (about 4-5 minutes). If your chicken breast pieces are real thick make sure to cook a little longer just to make sure it cooks well on the inside.
- Remove from pan and drain.
This recipe has a lot of steps but it is fairly easy to make and it taste just as it looks; bomb.com! Try it out and let me know what you guys think. This dish works well for any occasion and it’ll get you major cool points. Trust me.
P.S. The spinach mixture also works well as a standalone dip, so have the chips ready.
Check out 03/11/16 Stuffed Chicken Nuggets recipe here